this link hardware version is V1.5 Wifi With
1. Fully compatible with ELM327 V1.4b. 2. All ELM327 supported software are available to use. 3. Faster than ELM327 four times or higher. (ELM327 is RISC 8bit 44MHz MCU, iCar is ARM 16bit MCU)
4. Due to the android diagnostic software becomes heavier to run, suggest to use on smart phone with CPU
800Mhz or higher, 1GHz recommended.
5. Built in power switch. 6. Low standby power consumption sleep mode. 7. Lower power consumption than ELM327 8. LED indicator is in the front side toward user for easier check of linking status. 9. Support J1939 protocol more than ELM327.
10. WiFi 802.11 b/g or 802.11n module.
1. OBDII decode chip: ARM 16bit MCU 2. Firmware: ELM327 Version 1.4b compatible 3. Transfer baud rate: 4800 / 9600 / 10400 / 38400 (default) / 115200 / 500K 4. Input interface: OBDII male 16pin 5. Output interface: Wifi 802.11 b/g or 802.11n after 2013 Feb 01 6. LED Indicator: Power(red) / OBD(green) / Link(blue) (PC or smart phone) 7. Operating Voltage: 12V from car OBD2 socket, including over voltage /shortage protection 8. Nominal Idle current: 45mA 9.Communication range: 500m open field 10.SSID: VGATE (discontinued) or BUYOBD (current)
11.Encryption: Open (VGATE) and WEP shared/WEP128 (BUYOBD)
1. Keep car key at off position 2. Plug the Vgate scantool into Car OBDII female socket. OBD2 socket is usually below the driving wheel. The Vgate should blink all 3 LEDs and off again. Only red power LED remains on. 4. Switch car key to Accessory ON position, 5. Turn on WiFi of PCtebook/smart phone. Check Windows control panel>wireless network>Setting>Advanced>Wireless mode>IEEE 802.11b/g/n. Check android wifi setting, turn off existing link. Check iPhone Wi-Fi networks, turn off existing link. 6. Scan the Vgate wifi device from your Desktop/Notebook PC/PDA/phone. Find SSID “VGATE” or “BUYOBD”. The Vgate blue LED should be on now. Otherwise, the device doesn't respond to the scanning. If SSID is “VGATE”, it is DHCP mode, not need to set up. If SSID is “BUYOBD”, enter 13 digits password shown on the label of the white plastic case. IP: select “Fixed”, and enter “192.168.0.10” Subnet mask: enter “255.255.255.0” If SSID is “VGATE”, it is DHCP mode, not need to set up. If SSID is “BUYOBD”, enter 13 digits password shown on the label of the white plastic case. IP: change from “DHCP” to “Fixed”! IP: enter “192.168.0.11” or later Subnet mask: enter “255.255.255.0” HTTP local port: enter “35000” 8. App setup: select Vgate device as KiWi wifi or ELM327. Click link, app will build a link to Vgate. App may take time for scaning vehicle protocol less than a minute or so. App starts to show static data once recognize the protocol and has correct table of associated sensor. The Vgate green LED should be blinking now. The faster data rate the protocol is, the the faster the green LED blinks. Turn off the app, not minimize”, if app fails to link and doesn't show data. Start another app and try again. Some vehicles may have to turn car key to “ON/Start” position to activate car ECU.
Turn car key to “ON/Start” position to read real-time data.
OBDII 16-pin DLC definition:
2. Bus + (SAE J1850 PWM, VPW)
4. Battery –
5. Signal –
6. CAN High (ISO 15765-4)
7. K Line (ISO 9141-2, SAE J2234)
10. Bus – (SAE J1850 PWM, VPW)
14. CAN Low (ISO 15765-4)
15. L line (ISO 9141-2, ISO 14230-4)
16. Battery +
Only pins 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 14, 15, 16 defined by above standards read data.
Other Customized pin are not supported.
Please confirm OBDII label located under front engine hood.
Support OBDII/EOBD2 protocols: ISO 15765-4 (CAN-B 125Kbps, started since 2003 in USA) ISO 15765-4 (CAN-C 500Kbs, 11bit ID, 29bit ID, started since 2003 in USA) ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init. 10.4 kbaud, replaced by 14230-4 gradually, stopped in USA in 2008) SAE J1850 VPW (10.4 kbaud, replaced by 14230-4 gradually, stopped in USA in 2008) SAE J1850 PWM (41.6 kbaud, replaced by 14230-4 gradually, stopped in USA in 2008)
SAE J1939 the Data link connector standard
1. Read more than 3000 car manufacturers' stand DTC and private DTC (diagnostic trouble codes) and its
2. Clear DTC, turn off dashboard MIL “Check Engine” Light 3. Display sensor data, including:
Intake Manifold pressure (MAF/MAP)
Intake Air Temperature
Air Flow Rate
Absolute Throttle Position
Oxygen sensor voltage /short term fuel trim
Driver: It does not need. 1.Applications supporting ELM327 chip:
PC windows (supports RS232/USB/bluetooth):
Auto Enginuity ScanTool 6.02 for PC in English/German/Hungarian/Spanish
Dashcommand by Palm Performance, Win 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, support touch pad.
Easy OBDII 3.0.0
EVOSCAN for Mitsubishi 1994~2009, Mitsubishi EVOX 2008~2010, Subaru SSMII 1997~2007
FiatECUScan for Alfa/Fiat/Lancia, Win XP/Vista/7
for G-M mode 22 scan tool by Terry
moDiag Professional in English/German/Hungarian/Romanian, Win 2000/XP/Vista/7
OBD 2007 PID reader for PC and pocket PC by GLM Software
OBD Logger Windows & Unix by Jonathan Senkerik
OBDScan for G-M for Ford Chrysler Mazda. Win 2000/XP/Vista/7
OBD-II ScanMaster 3.52 in English/German/Russian by Wladimir Gurskij
OBD-II ScanMaster Pro
OBD2 Scantool by Ivan Andrewjeski
OBDII for ELM322 by David Huffman
PCMSCAN for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP/Vista/Win7
ProScan for Win 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista, NT4.0 SP6A.
pyOBD by Donour Sizemore for MacOSX and Linux
RDDTC Simple Trouble Code Reader by Pete Calinski
Real Scan by Brent Harris, Simple Read & Reset software for older PC.
ScanTest by Ivan Ganev aka a-ser for Pocket PC
ScanMaster-ELM 2.1, Win 98/ME/2000/XP/7, USB/Bluetooth/WLAN, OPEL 1996~2004, Alfa Romeo 1998~2001,
Fiat Bravo 1998~2002
ScanXL ELM (1996~2008 for Ford, Lincolin, Mercury)
ScanXL PRO, Win 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP/Vista/7
TouchScan for Win2000SP4, XP SP2, Vista 32/64, 7 32/64, serial/USB/Bluetooth/WiFi/touch screen, EOBD/JOBD,
?90?PID, for Nissan
Vauxcheck by Gendan, Vauxhall/Opel 1997~2008 petrol/diesel (2004~2008 CAN bus), Renault Vivaro/Movano,
Vectra C diesel 2002~2003
VitalScan 1.3 for Win, Win Mobile, Palm, Win smartphone
wOBD by WDT
2.Palm/Pocket PC (supports RS232/USB/bluetooth):
AutoEnginuity for Win PPC 2002/2003 v4.2, mobile 2003SE/2005 v4.4
AutoEnginuity for Palm 3.5+
EVOScanPPC for Mitsubishi 1994~2009 /Subaru,Win CE 4.2/5.0/6.0, Pocket PC 2002/2003, Win Mobile 5/6/7
OBD Gauge for PalmOS & Pocket PC by Dana Peters
ScanMaster-PPC for Pocket PC, Win Mobile
3.Nokia Symbian : (supports bluetooth) AutoMobile (Blackberry, LG, Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson)
OBDScope (free trial and paid EUR9.95)
Nokia N800 & N810 internet tablet (supports bluetooth)
4.Android: (supports bluetooth)
DashCommand 2.9.1 by Palmer Performance
Torque by Ian Hawkins, Android 1.5/1.6/2.0/2.1
VoyagerDash by GTOSoft
1 x WIFI ELM327 for Android IOS Car Scanner
1 x CD driver